http://www.everydayhealth.com/news/social-media-seniors/
Friday, February 07, 2014
Carolyn Gillman never had much use for Twitter until after she retired last year from her job as an Illinois state worker. Then, at 58, Gillman began to become more politically active and found herself drawn to the constant stream of insider info that Twitter provides.
"I kind of like to be on Twitter so I can vent my political views a little bit more," said Gillman, who lives in Springfield, Ill. "I love Facebook, I'm on there all the time, but Facebook is non-political. On Twitter, I can follow people with interesting points of view and blow off steam."
Gillman is part of a growing wave of seniors who have started participating in social media sites. They've found that these sites are great for keeping in touchwith friends and family, staying involved in the world, and having a bit of fun.